afternoon we were notified that two Cobourg Community Centre users came into
close contact with an individual who tested positive for COVID-19. These users
utilized the Pond Arena on Wednesday, December 9th from 5:30 until 6:30 p.m.
recommended by the Public Health Agency of Canada all directly affected areas
within the community centre, including the Pond Arena, change rooms and all
high touch surfaces will undergo a deep clean beginning Saturday, December 12th
with the Pond Arena remaining closed until the morning of Monday, December 14th.
As a result, all WNGHA ice has been cancelled this weekend.
Do You Need to Self-Isolate? No, but Please Self-Monitor!
Please note that a contact of a close contact does not need to be sent home to self-isolate and but all community centre members are encouraged to self-monitor and be cognisant of COVID-19 symptoms, which include:
- fever (feeling hot to the touch, a temperature of 37.8 degrees Celsius or higher),
- cough that's new or worsening, barking cough, making a whistling noise when breathing,
- shortness of breath, sore throat, difficulty swallowing,
- runny, stuffy or congested nose,
- lost sense of taste or smell,
- pink eye,
- headache that’s unusual or long lasting,
- digestive issues,
- muscle aches, extreme tiredness that is unusual, and
- falling down often.
If You Start to Show Symptoms of COVID-19
If you begin to show symptoms of COVID-19, you should take the online self-assessment to help you decide if you need a test.
The Town of Cobourg is taking all necessary precautions and adhering to all Public Health safety protocols to ensure our community centre members and staff remain safe and protected. We are available to answer any questions you may have. Please call the community centre at 905-372-7371